With most of us now going out for work, every home needs to have a sanitation station at the door to get everyone into disinfecting and sanitizing before they enter their own home. The station will also keep our homes clean and safe to prevent the spread of the illness and other unknown viruses with essentials for intense washing, dusting, sanitizing, and disinfecting on most touch-infected areas or common surfaces in your home such as doorknobs, handles, light switches, gadgets, and tabletops.
SM Home, the one-stop-shop for all of your home essentials, has a wide variety of household items for all your sanitizing needs. Here is the SM Home’s DIY Sanitation Station Guide to keep your home safe and disinfected:
- Set up a table and a mobile trolley near the door entrance. Put all the sanitizing essentials on the cart and organize them in storage trays.
- Have a fill of sprayers with alcohol and disinfectants. Choose an EPA-registered disinfectant, a 70% Isopropyl Alcohol and a contactless soap dispenser as you disinfect and wash your hands.
- Have a waste bin to dispose of used masks and gloves properly.
- Put a shoe rack and a disinfecting mat outside. Have a foot bath on the disinfecting mat before putting the shoes on the rack. Always keep the mat clean before and after using the mat.
- If needed, set-up a makeshift changing room with a curtain and ready a laundry basket for changing.
- Sterilize the area with UV li.ght. Use pocket UV Sterilizer in sanitizing your gadgets, keys, wallet, and doorknobs. Do not forget to keep your Sanitation Station clean.
Keep your home safe and sanitize with cleaning and sanitizing essentials from SM Home. These are available at the smhome.com.ph, and shoppers can now place their orders online through the SM Store’s Call to Deliver and ShopSM app. For more info and updates, follow them at SM Home at the SM Store on Instagram or visit thesmstore.com website.